Myhomecare are currently halfway through our JCI accreditation journey. Our business has put the quality of care and patient safety first. JCI is the gold standard in healthcare delivery, not only in Ireland but globally.
The Joint Commission International standard guarantees to improve patient safety and quality of health care in the international community by offering education, publications, advisory services, and international accreditation and certification. In more than 100 countries, JCI partners with hospitals, clinics, and academic medical centres; health systems and agencies; government ministries; academia; and international advocates to promote rigorous standards of care and to provide solutions for achieving peak performance.
JCI accreditation is a further indication of the Myhomecare’ commitment to clinical excellence in our service delivery.
The accreditation process is designed to enhance a culture of safety and quality within our organization that strives to continually improve patient care processes and results.
We aim to have our services surveyed & accredited in 2019.
Why we made the decision for implementing this standard.
For our Service User:
• To enhance the quality of our service delivery.
• Ensure we are listening to service users and their families, respect their rights, and involve them in the care process as partners.
For our Staff:
• To Provide a safe and efficient work environment that contributes to worker satisfaction.
• Create a culture that is open to learning from the timely reporting of adverse events and safety concerns.
• Establish collaborative leadership that sets priorities for and continuous leadership for quality and patient safety levels
More Info on JCI standard : https://www.jointcommissioninternational.org/about-jci/who-is-jci/