Myhomecare are a JCI accredited organisation. Our business has put the quality of care and patient safety first. JCI is the gold standard in healthcare delivery, not only in Ireland but globally. Myhomecare is the only JCI accredited homecare agency in Ireland providing nursing and domiciliary care.
The Joint Commission International standard guarantees to improve patient safety and quality of health care in the international community by offering education, publications, advisory services, and international accreditation and certification. In more than 100 countries, JCI partners with hospitals, clinics, and academic medical centres; health systems and agencies; government ministries; academia; and international advocates to promote rigorous standards of care and to provide solutions for achieving peak performance.
The JCI accreditation is a further indication of the Myhomecare’ commitment to clinical excellence in our service delivery.
The accreditation is designed to enhance a culture of safety and quality within our organization that strives to continually improve patient care processes and results.
Myhomecare were accredited in June 2020.
Why we made the decision for implementing this standard:
For our Service User:
• To enhance the quality of our service delivery.
• Ensure we are listening to service users and their families, respect their rights, and involve them in the care process as partners.
For our Staff:
• To Provide a safe and efficient work environment that contributes to worker satisfaction.
• Create a culture that is open to learning from the timely reporting of adverse events and safety concerns.
• Establish collaborative leadership that sets priorities for and continuous leadership for quality and patient safety levels
More Info on JCI standard : https://www.jointcommissioninternational.org/about-jci/who-is-jci/