The role of the Personal Assistant (PA) is to assist our clients in aspects of daily living.
Supports will include assisting with intimate personal care, assisting with eating and drinking, engaging in therapeutic activities, supporting social activities and transport.
PA's will be required to prepare meals and provide light domestic support and ensure that all equipment used is clean, safe and in full working order.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The position of personal assistant is a front-line role within the clients residence, to enable our clients to lead as independent a lifestyle as possible. This position will include a programme of personal care and household management that is personalized for each client in the form of a Care Plan.
Job Description: Personal Assistant
· Personal Intimate Care
· Dressing and undressing / preparing the client for trips out etc.
· Washing / bathing / showering / shaving / grooming / cleaning teeth.
· Hair care (washing / brushing).
· Toileting and all aspects of personal hygiene.
· Continence management.
· Care of pressure sores (under appropriate nursing supervision)
· Getting in and out of bed.
· Assisting with the use of aids to daily living / Rehabilitation Aids, as required
· Helping with rehabilitation programmes, as prescribed by Healthcare professionals.
· Supporting therapeutic physiotherapy programmes Dietary Care:
· Preparation of snacks and nutritious meals according to the service users likes / dislikes
· Assisting with feeding, as required. Personal services:
· Personal planning (birthdays / anniversaries etc)
· Democratic rights (voting cards etc). Domestic / Household Services:
· General cleaning duties, to include cleaning / dusting / vacuuming / polishing.
· Bed making.
· Clearing refuse and rubbish.
· Laundering / Hand washing / Ironing
· Fuel Management.
The ideal candidate will be someone with a caring nature seeking to improve the quality of life of others. If you or someone you may know is interested contact us with a copy of your CV to email@example.com stating JO-2108-475266 .
All applications will be treated with complete confidentiality.