Myhomecare are recruiting for a reliable and compassionate Healthcare Assistants with experience in an Intellectual Disabilities environment for Newcastle West to work on a one to one with a service user in their own home. The Ideal candidate would have experience in a healthcare setting with a good understanding of English language both written and verbal.
- Excellent rates of pay, paid weekly
- Paid Holidays
- Part-time work 1 night a week (12/14 hours block shift)
- Rosters completed in advance
- We provide continuous upskilling of mandatory courses to all Homecare Workers including Patient Moving and Handling and CPR.
Candidates will need:
- Candidates must have a Fetac level 5 in Intellectual Disability Studies or Minimum Fetac Level 5 in Care Skills and Care of the Older Person along with experience working in the Intellectual Disabilities environment
- Candidates must have an experience working in an Intellectual Disabilities environment this can be in a Homecare or Healthcare setting.
- Candidates must have previous experience with stoma bag care
- Candidates must be willing to undergo Garda Vetting.
- In-date certificates such as Patient Moving and handling, CPR, Infection Control and Elder abuse is desirable but not essential as training can be provided
- Visa or GNIB with stamp 4 if from outside the EU.
- Full driving licence preferred
- Assisting with each client’s individual needs within their own homes.
- Assisting with all aspects of each client’s daily living.
- Assist clients with achieving or maximising independence.
- Providing personal care to clients in need.
To apply for the position please send an updated CV to Lorna Lynch at LLynch@myhomecare.ie or call 1800 400 900 for more information, quoting the following Job order number: JO-1907-434220
Applicants will be treated with the strictest of confidence.