Myhomecare are currently recruiting Homecare Assistants to work with a young adult with intellectual disability in Limerick
The ideal candidate for the intellectual disability would have to have experience with catheter care and using a hoist and would also be caring, empathetic and compassionate, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Our Benefits include:
- Great rate of paid and we provide paid holidays
- Block hours call
- My Homecare provide continuous mandatory certificates such as Patient Moving and Handling, Basic Life Support, Infection Control and Elder Abuse.
- Full Induction Training will be provided
- All candidates must have a Fetac level 5 in Intellectual Disability Studies or Minimum Fetac Level 5 in Care Skills and Care of the Older Person along with experience working in the Intellectual Disabilities Environment
- All candidates must have experience working in an Intellectual Disabilities is essential
- All candidates must be willingness to undergo Garda Vetting.
- All Homecare Assistants must have in date certificates in Patient Moving and Handling, Management of Actual or Potential Aggression (MAPA), CPR and Infection Control but not essential as training can be provided
- Candidates must have a Full driving licence and be able to drive a manual car
- Attending to each client’s individual needs within their own homes.
- Enhance and encourage the person’s social skills and support with activities of daily living.
- Support with any day to day activities and putting any plans in place.
- Person specification must have knowledge and experience in working with people with intellectual disabilities.
- Providing personal care to clients in need.
- Potential light housework/meal prep.
All applications for the above advertised will be treated with the strictest of confidence.
To apply, please email your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1800 400 900 for more information, quoting the following Job order number: JO-1907-434220