Here’s a secret nobody ever tells you. No-one ever masters parenting.
Irish Life Health have an extensive range of maternity benefits to help you access the support you need as you become a parent and embark on this life changing journey. Our maternity benefits go above and beyond to help you thrive rather than just survive your first year as a parent. We’ll help look after you so you can look after your bundle of joy.
The post-natal domestic support benefit can help keep your house in order while you’re adjusting to your new arrival. Home help professionals will clean, cook and do general household errands, so that things run smoothly in your home and you can focus on your newborn.
The unrivaled Home Early support includes visits from qualified midwives who provide caring support and information.
Our team in Myhomecare know that having a baby is one of the most exciting and joyful experiences in life. The joy and excitement of becoming a parent can often be a challenging experience for many. Lack of sleep and worrying about your new responsibilities as a parent can be contributing factors. Our aim is to provide you with expert care and support. We are here to help and support you throughout this transition period in order to make it as enjoyable and memorable as possible.
Care is provided by our team of experienced Midwives, Nurses, Maternity support workers and Domestic support workers.
What is included:
Postnatal Domestic Support:
- General Cleaning
- Washing floors
- Preparing meals
- Running local errands
- General tidying and cleaning of the baby’s room and equipment.
Home Early Support
- Physical and emotional support.
- Breastfeeding support and education.
- Bottle-feeding support and education.
- Bathing, top and tailing and skin care support and education.
Please check your Table of Cover in the Member Secure Area https://www.irishlifehealth.ie/SECURE/ie/login/ prior to booking to ensure you are eligible for these benefits. These benefits are for plans starting or renewing from 12th June 2018 and maternity waiting periods of 52 weeks may apply.
To redeem your Postnatal Support sessions please complete the form below:
Why Choose Myhomecare?
- We are accredited with ISO 9001-2015
- Recognised by the HSE as a preferred supplier of homecare
- Our continued commitment to the Healthcare Sector was recognised by the Irish Healthcare Centre Awards as ‘Best Homecare Provider 2013’.
- Irish owned company providing premium care since 2006
- Myhomecare is a member of Home and Community Care Ireland association which is the only association representing the Homecare provider sector in Ireland.
- Myhomecare is a member of the Professional Institute of Care Providers (PICP).
- Myhomecare operates on a national basis through a number of regional offices in Louth, Dublin, Limerick, Galway, Waterford and Cork covering Ireland nationwide with our Head Office in Mill Street, Dundalk, Co. Louth.
We have highly skilled, fully insured care teams which are all nurse led and managed with a consultant available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Irish Life Health T&Cs
Under the Home Early Support benefit you can claim support from a midwife from Myhomecare in your home where you have given birth in a public hospital covered under your plan and are discharged after one or two nights. If this benefit is available under your plan, the number of hours support that will be covered is set out in your Table of Cover. This benefit applies where you were a private or semi-private in-patient in a public hospital and your consultant has approved your discharge after one or two nights stay as an in-patient. To access this service you must have a letter from the public hospital from which you were discharged showing the dates on which you were admitted and discharged.
To be eligible for the Postnatal Support benefits, you must be covered under a valid policy at the time your baby is born and at the time you receive the service. Please check your Table of Cover for the number of support sessions. Postnatal Domestic Support and Home Early Support are available on selected plans to new and renewing Irish Life Health customers from 12th June 2018. Please check your Irish Life Health handbook.