Myhomecare design & implement training for all of our staff. We have in-house monthly courses in all training locations to support our carers and ensure 100% compliance rates are met.
- Infection Control
- Safeguarding of Vulnerable adults
- Basic Life Support
- Patient Movement & Handling
Our Clinical Nurse managers/Client Care Coordinators & our training department work closely together to measure the success of our Infection Prevention standard to ensure that our team are reducing any risk of infection in all of our clients homes.
IPC course info: our training website
HSE Policy on Infection Control :
WHO Hand Hygiene Guidelines (2009)
HSE, Hand Hygiene Website
SARI, 2005, Guidelines for Hand Hygiene in the Irish Health Care Setting
Cardoso CL, Pereira HH, Zequim JC, Guilhermetti M. Effectiveness of hand-cleansing agents for removing Acinetobacter baumannii strain from contaminated hands. Am J Infect Control 1999; 27: 327–331)
Stone, S.P. J of the Royal Soc. Medicine. 2001; 94(6): 278-281.
Myhomecare’s advice to you and your family is to make sure you use reputable sources when accessing information
- Health Protection Surveillance Centre
- Health Service Executive
- Centre for Disease Control (US)
- Royal College of Physicians
- Infection Prevention Society
- Department of Health & Children
- Health Information & Quality Authority
- National Immunisation Advisory Committee
- Dental Council
- NICE (UK)
- Local Infection Control Team / Nurse / Microbiologist / Department of Public Health. If you are not linked in make contact.