One of the most effective ways of getting rid of stress naturally is meditation. A person generally suffers from stress when he or she spends a large share of their mental energy worrying about their future and thinking about the past. If you can successfully bring back your focus to the present, you will be able to get rid of this stress up to a great extent. Meditation can help you in bringing back the focus to the present.
How to use meditation as a remedy for stress.
- First, you will need to find a perfect place for meditating. You can meditate in a place full of fresh air and greenery. Meditating in your backyard or in the lawn will be a great way to start the process. However, you can also meditate in a room, provided that the room has enough space and contains an airy atmosphere.
- Once you have found a space for meditating, roll out the yoga mat and sit down on it. You can play a relaxing music while meditating; however, it’s optional. If you are meditating in a room, never use bright lights; dim lights help in promoting relaxing atmosphere.
- You must sit down on the yoga mat with your legs crossed (follow the Indian style of sitting). Your back must be positioned straight supporting the wall. Your back must remain straight. However, never stretch it beyond your limits; that will make you feel uncomfortable throughout the meditation session. Place the hands on the knees keeping the palms facing upwards. Next, form ‘okay’ sign using the thumb and index finger on both your hands.
- The next step of meditation will require you to concentrate on breathing. Close your eyes and start breathing in slowly. Your focus must be absolutely on your breathing; you must continue inhaling until you fill the lungs. Now, exhale slowly; while exhaling you must empty the lungs completely.
- Repeat the above inhaling and exhaling action repeatedly, until you manage to attain complete relaxation.